7 September 2016

Why astronomy sketching?

The main topic of this blog is astronomy sketching. I started sketching many years ago, taking sketches of Moon, Planets and some deep-sky objects. 

But why sketching when I could obtain better results with a camera? 

I started sketching simply because I had no money to buy a decent camera for astrophotography, expecially deep-sky astrophotography. Later I really enjoyed this tecnique, and it started to become my main activity. I quickly understood the real power of astronomy sketching: sharing with other what I see with my eyes. When i sketch, I fix on sheet of paper my impressions and emotions. I think astronomy sketching is also useful for who just wants to know what can be seen with a certain telescope.

Hope you'll enjoy my observations!




















No comments:

Post a Comment